The MPNICS logo is an intellectual property protected by trademark law.
Theft or misuse of the MPNICS logo may result in penalties under the following laws.
Evidence of Infringement
– Article 66 of the Trademark Act of Infringement (Acts of Infringement): The use of the same and similar trademarks as other registered trademarks on the same and similar products.
– Unfair Competition Prevention Act Article 2 (Unfair Competition Act): To intentionally confuse with the business facilities and activities of others using the same name,
Unfair Competition Act
– Article 65 (Right to Request for Prohibition of Trademark Infringement) Article 65 (Right to Request for Prohibition of Trademark Infringement): A trademark owner can claim to the infringer or any person who may cause infringement to act against the infringement,
– Unfair Competition Prevention Act Article 4 (Right to Demand for Unfair Competition): Any person who is likely to be infringed or infringed by his or her business interests by unfair competition practice may request the court to prohibit or prevent such conduct.
– Penal Provisions Article 93 (Punishment of Trademark Infringement): Penalty of imprisonment for up to 7 years or fine of up to 100 million won
– Unfair Competition Prevention Act Article 18 (Punishment of Unfair Competition): 3 years or less imprisonment or fine of less than 30 million won